After noticing an abnormal trend towards weird food-related news stories, we decided to do a round-up of the five weirdest ones in the last week. If you have a high gross-out factor, do yourself a favor and don’t continue reading because some of these stories are seriously puke-worthy.

  • A 62-year-old Santa Fe Springs tuna factory worker named Jose Melena was accidentally steamed to death at the Bumble Bee tuna plant where his sons said he felt lucky to work. Investigations are underway. (
  • Hungry Michigan man tries to grill squirrel and instead sets his entire apartment complex on fire. Ummm, everyone knows you are supposed to cook squirrel on your car engine. Just kidding. Don’t do that. (98.7 AMP Radio)
  • Florida-man dies after winning cockroach eating contest put on by a reptile store while trying for first prize of a python. The 32-year-old was shoving bugs vigorously into his mouth, but then got really sick and started puking them out. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. Ummm, really gross and really sad. And also: why? (CBSMiami)
  • Vending machine does what they usually do best: eats money and doesn’t dispense refreshing 7-up. So what does this 43-year-old North Carolina woman do? Light it on fire, of course. (Huffington Post)
  • And in this week’s duh moment of science discoveries, Chinese scientist discovers that China-region cavemen ate panda bears. Oh, so you’re saying that pre-historic man got protein from easily accessible local sources? How weird. (Grist)

–Nadia Noir, CBS Radio Los Angeles


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From 93.1 Jack FM

Best Of Los Angeles
Flashback Lunch

Listen Live