EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBOLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! All jokes aside, a true salute and get well soon goes out to our brave health-care workers in Dallas and in Africa fighting this outbreak. You guys are the real MVP’s.
On to fantasy football. Here’s last weeks picks…
Ryan Tannehill– 21 pts (very solid)
Storm Johnson– 8 pts (marginal)
Bishop Sankey– 7 pts (marginal-er)
Justin Hunter– 8.5 pts (less marginal-er)
Vikings DST– 9 pts (about as good as it gets)
There’s definite room for improvement and I think I can do it with these Week 7 picks…
1) Odell Beckham Jr WR (NYG)- Even though there’s no apostrophe in his first name, I have to assume Odell is Irish. And with a last name like Beckham, I can also assume he’s got major league footwork like his father David. Both those assumptions are as false as they are stupid, but Odell is taking over as a starter in the wake of Victor Cruz’s injury so points can be had here.
2) Jermaine Gresham TE (Cin)- While Gresham’s NFL career thus far has been a bigger disappointment than the American remake of The Prisoner, I do believe that with the absence of WR AJ Green and a shoot-out with Andrew Luck and the Colts looming on Sunday, Gresh could be a nice sleeper option for Week 7.
3) Davante Adams WR (GB)- Last week was Adams best yet, hauling in 6 catches for 77 yards, and this week the Packers face a Panthers defense who could use some Depends cause they’ve been leaking something fierce. I would say expect about 60 yards receiving and at least ONE touchdown for Davante.
4) Tre Mason RB (StL)- Yes. The Rams are terrible. Yes. They are playing that Seattle D this week. And yes, they’ll be LA’s problem soon enough. But none of that stops me from really liking what I saw from Tre Mason last week in his first game. Mason was a beast at Auburn and I think that, maybe not this week but in the super near future, Mason can help your team win some games.
5) Miami DST– If you need a team DST this week, you could do worse than the Fins. They’re playing Chicago which should mean turnover opportunities because… you know, Cutler Kitty.