By Jordy Altman
Hopefully it’s nothing like the one from “Silicon Valley.”
Looks like California is getting some new high-tech equipment on the road. Google’s self-driving car – a whimsical hybrid that’s half VW bus, half smart car – will be hitting the California roads in 2015.
If you’re not excited about self driving cars, let us give you a few reasons why taking your hands off the wheel will change your life for the better:
- Practice your bartending skills on the way to your Saddle Ranch shift.
- Play patty cake with yourself (my god you’re lonely)
- Apply your makeup on the way to Tinder hookup.
- Double fist a double-double and a chocolate shake while merging.
- Turn up the volume when Jack FM plays “Living on a Prayer” – WITH TWO HANDS.
- Play (and cheat) on Words With Friends down the PCH.
- Throw trash at the tourists jaywalking down Hollywood Boulevard – WITH TWO HANDS.
- Self-submit to Actors Access on the way to an audition.
- Play air guitar while cruising down the Sunset Strip.
- Assemble that easy-bake oven you got at the Work Gift Exchange, place it in the passenger seat, and make some brownies.
- Finish your new “Real Housewives” pitch on the way to Beverly Hills.
- Finally untie that knotted yo-yo you’ve been keeping in your glove compartment.
- Give your new puppy a two-hand belly rub after you take her home from the Pasadena Humane Society.
- Shave in the car while doing 50 on the 405.
- Tie-dye and hand distress a shirt on the way to Coachella.
It looks as though the DMV is preparing for the upcoming fleet, as CBS 5 has reported that they are scrambling to meet a December 31 deadline to figure out just how they can govern driverless cars.