Rainn Wilson Buys $25k Weezer Experience
When Weezer first announced their new self-titled album earlier this year, the band initially offered a $25,000 deluxe pre-order bundle that included:
- Take a Greyhound to the Galapagos with Rivers where you’ll stay only for a limited time
- Once you get to the islands, you’ll go bird watching to try and find the elusive White-cheeked pintail
- You’ll go on a catamaran ride to Charles Darwin Research Station
- Sing ‘the British are coming’ with Rivers in the Galapagos but replace every lyric about “old king george” to “lonesome george”
- Enjoy your complimentary signed copy of the album and a pair of tickets to see the band on their summer tour with Panic! At the Disco
- Finally, you’ll be named King of the World for a day
Obviously, a bus ride to the Galapagos is impossible, making this entire thing an unrealistic joke. One fan actually did pay for the bundle (what they actually received is still unknown), but recently The Office star Rainn Wilson also took the band up on their offer in a new video for Funny Or Die.
Check out Rainn’s disappointing experience below.