By Trishia Ybarreche

Just when you thought the DMV lines and stacks of paperwork couldn’t get any more annoying, HELL ON EARTH, err, we mean the DMV has found a way to make themselves even more inconvenient. Starting July 1st, new drivers will have to provide a second form of identification rather than just one to prove they’re a California resident.

There are several choices of acceptable documentation that the DMV will accept, including any of the following:

  • Rental or lease agreement
  • Deed or tittle to residential real property
  • Mortgage bill, utility bills (which apparently can include a cell phone bill)
  • School documents
  • Medical documents
  • IRS return.
  • JACK FM sticker with your name illegibly scrawled on it

Okay the last one was a joke, but there are several other forms of ID you can also use. Luckily this does not apply to anyone who is renewing their license or applying for a duplicate/lost or stolen card.

Will this make it harder for your 16 year old to earn his or her permit? Is that necessarily a bad thing?


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From 93.1 Jack FM

Best Of Los Angeles
Flashback Lunch

Listen Live